Vegetables in Thai Curry
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup babycorn, cut in roundels(6-8)
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced (5-6)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in medium size florets
- 100 grams tofu, shallow fried (optional)
For the curry
- 5-2 tbsp Curry paste (red/green/yellow)- use more if it’s homemade and if it turned out watery
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 3-4 lemon leaves
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add the curry paste and fry for few minutes, till aromatic and leaves oil.
- Add vegetables and 2 tbsp of coconut milk, saute for 2 minutes. Vegetables first, coconut milk later.
- Add the remaining milk coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, basil leaves, lemon leaves and salt.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes till vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with steamed rice!